Who is massage for?
Massage can help people of all ages, life styles and levels of fitness. Whether you spend long hours behind a desk or behind a wheel, suffering from stress or tension headaches, whether youre in training for a competition or don't train at all, may be your recovering from an injury or your pregnant and just fed up of those aches & pains. Regardless of your back ground massage could be the answer you're looking for as it has so many benefits.
Sports Massage is the most effective Deep tissue therapy for releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the muscular-skeletal system. Constant build-up of tension in the muscles from regular activity may lead to stresses on joints, ligaments and tendons as well as the muscles themselves. Benefits of Sports Massage;
- Improves flexibility and range of movement.
- It can break down adhesions found in the muscle.
- Reduces and helps to minimise scar tissue build up.
- Ease tension and pain which will increase muscular strength.
- Helps remove and drain the metabolic waste from the tissues.
- Helps boost performance and extend the length of a sporting career.
- Speeds up recovery time from injury and can prevent re-injury.
- Relaxation of muscles through warmth, circulation and stretching.
- Reduced stress and anxiety through delivering a balance to the nervous system.
Bamboo massage is a unique form of massage using heated bamboo rods to knead and roll out knots and relax tense muscles, combining the effect of deep tissue massage alongside the comforting qualities of heat it has many Benefits such as;
- Loosening stiff joints & Promotes restful sleep.
- Helps rehydrate the skin through use of oils.
- Aiding lymphatic drainage by eliminating toxins.
- Rebalancing and restoring the bodies electromagnetic field.
- Deeper muscular relaxation that can be provided in basic massage.
- Increased blood circulation to the muscles improving their function.
- Helps relieves Stress and tension, relieving mental and physical fatigue.
- Improving range of motion of muscle by stretching and elongating them.
During pregnancy a woman's body undergoes many changes in preparation for childbirth, coupled with the natural anxieties associated with pregnancy can all be very stress-inducing. Massage can be of great benefit in helping expectant mothers to prepare themselves physically and emotionally for childbirth and motherhood. Massage during pregnancy can help to;
- Increased energy levels.
- Improve the elasticity of the skin.
- Help prepare the body for a more comfortable pregnancy.
- Reduce strain of the muscles of the lower back, abdomen and shoulders.
- Stabilise hormone levels through increased stimulation of glandular secretions.
- Elevate the mood due to the increased and more efficient circulation of lymph.
- Soothe nerves and promote relaxation through sedation of the nervous system.
- Increases the tone of muscles that have become weakened and strained during pregnancy.
- Encourage rest and relaxation that is much needed during pregnancy.
- Increase circulation of blood to all areas of the body (including the placenta) thereby brining greater nutrition to the tissues and enhancing removal of waste.
- Helps reduce fatigue due to increased oxygen absorption into the tissues and waste products being more readily eliminated.
For any more information on any of these Massage Treatments or to book an appointment Please contact me.